Laundry Room Makeover- the Reveal
I know it might not make you drool, but seriously, I have come so very far I feel giddy. Check it-
This is a major make-over for me. Here’s a some pics from the other side of the room:
I also made a no-sew (of course) cafe curtain and window valance using left-over fabric from my no-sew roman shades post. I have no tutorial for the cafe curtain. Sorry. I simply hot glued the hems and then hot glued a “pocket” for the rod. Took about 5 minutes. The valance was another 5 minutes, (read my 5-minute window valance post).
You may have also noticed my hanging folders. I bought the folders from Staples years ago- this was a mistake!! Those three folders cost me like $20!! I forgot that at our local State Surplus Supply store, you can buy a box of 100 for $2. Anyway…I printed out those labels (using the labels function from picmonkey.com) on normal paper, cut them out, then mod-podged them.
I’ve found for some things I have to see them- if its in a drawer or a binder I’ll totally forget. Hence, the hanging folders.
You know about my most amazing buy ever purchased at the State Surplus store. I’m still in love with it:
I’m so happy with the make-over. I now have more storage than I need and it’s not falling down on me. Everything is clean and organized. Plus, it only cost me $100!!
Here’s the break-down:
Paint: $5.01 (from Lowe’s clearance aisle- read about it here)
Shelving: $20 ($1/sqare foot purchased at my local Habitat for Humanity ReStore)
Shelving brackets/ hanging hardware: $30 (purchased from Lowe’s. the ReStore did not carry the right stuff- just the shelves)
Storage baskets: $20 (from the Dollar Store)
Storage Cabinet: $15 (from the State Surplus Store)
Hooks on back of door: $4.50 (from A.C. Moore w/ coupon- it was unfinished and I painted it white)
Broom/Mop holders: $4 (from Walmart)
Curtains: Free (I already owned the fabric and hot glue)
Curtain Rod: $1 (from the ReStore)
Ok, so I’m not including tax or things I already own, like a drill, level, hot glue gun, glue sticks, mod-podge, paint brushes, white paint, a hammer, etc. etc. I also didn’t update the random office rectangle lighting or our highly abused but still funcitoning washer/dryer. But still- the output for this make-over was so minimal for what happened.
Let’s check it out, one more time:
Now I’m ready to wash some clothes…too bad folding sucks eggs.