Goodbye 2012. I’m not sure I’m ready for you to go. I think because these last few weeks have been so busy; so busy, yet not a lot done.
First, I’m sorry I’ve been missing in blog land. I was planning on just taking a short hiatus as my family came to visit for the holidays—which is awesome. But then kid#2 came down with pneumonia- not awesome. We pushed through the weekend to get to Christmas Eve- a beautiful dinner, service at church, a re-enactment of the Nativity; all wonderful. Then Santa brought me a case of the flu- and I’m still recovering. Oh, and let’s not forget to add another kid to the sick list…Bah-humbug. So, yeah. I haven’t been writing. I’ve been laying on the couch feeling sorry for myself. New Year’s Pity Party, coming right up!
So, let’s focus on the positive:
1. My family is still here- I love them so much and am thankful that they, i.e. my mom, has been able to take care of me. Sorry mom! But I love you!
2. We have a warm home, food to eat, and are basically healthy people.
3. We have jobs. Yes, I say we as I am joining the workforce starting in 12 days. Like, a real job. While I’m really sad that I can’ just blog and be a stay-at-home-mom, I know that I will be financially contributing to our future and possible retirement….in 40 years or so:)
4. We live in a great neighborhood within an amazing town (Huzzah for Cary!)
5. I am surrounded by a loving family- here at home and throughout the world. Yup, I is loved.
So, goodbye 2012! Here’s hoping 2013 is just as awesome and just as blessed. Happy New Year!!